Wednesday, May 7, 2008

And so it all begins

Hi Everyone – I really don’t know how to start this. I guess, I will start anyways. I am a guy with a lot of things that I cant to talk to a lot of people about. To everyone I have always been the dude with “THE HOTTEST AND MOST POPULAR” tag. But in this blog I want to introduce another part of me too. The part that I have been all the while I was the popular dude at school and now in college………I am gay.

I am the dude with the not –so-popular secret. Its funny how everyone wants to be best friends with me and talk to me - but somehow I have no one to talk to about a very real part of me. Im not even sure if they will listen when I say it. So I decided to write down everything I feel and experiences I have had - things I can tell nobody personally.

I am not ashamed of being gay. But I know that once I tell people it will make it bigger than I am. Being gay is a part of me – it is not me. It only a part of me.

I have worked very hard to be where I am in life today. I have achieved a lot in my career which I started professionally while I was in high school. I have been hailed and got a lot of praise for it (I dont want to reveal the career at the moment). So much being in stake - I have no intention of coming out right now. Then there is family. My parents whom I love a lot - my family's status in society and my goals in life which are associated with my career.

But what I want to do is start a talk with other guys who are in the same position as me as well as everyone else. I am sure there are other jocks, homecoming kings, Mr Populars of their schools or colleges and even people who work in the public eye like sportstars, actors, directors, musicians, singers, directors who are in the same position and have no one to talk to. Please feel free to contact me in anyways possible. I will be making an aim and msn too. For now please feel free to email me at secretblogin@gmail.com. The image above is not of me, but it describes my feelings and emotional state very well.

And dude, please leave comments.

15 comments:

dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dan said...

sweet blog, I'll get you linked and get some readres your way. it's all about connecting with those in the same boat, which helps you think it through and get the ideas out there, regardless of whether you come out or not.
keep it up. later.

Anonymous Blogger said...

thanks I'll link you two if thats okay, but i can 100% relate. I was prom king at my high school, asb president, and all of that stuff. Keep it up. I just started too!

rickisimus2 said...

Nice start.

Aek said...

Hi! I just stumbled across this blog. I hope you get what you want and need out of blogging, like so many others.

3.I. said...

I just discovered your blog, so I have not yet read all of your posts. I wanted to say that you are not alone; I am a few years older than you, but I come from a similar background (popular, athlete, etc.) and my career is very much in the public eye. It just so happens that I am attracted to men. The stereotypes do not stand up under scrutiny.

I recently started a blog as well; take a look if you have a chance.

All my best.

http://thirdinvert.blogspot.com/

Thirty3 Naked Laydies said...

... thank you for your thoughtful email. i read it -- and was at a loss for words (especially after reading your first entry).

and that's what we like about your first entry. that it's simple. that it's you... expressing... in a raw fashion. it's you using words to write your own book of days. your choice of images to show -- expose your moods, your thoughts, your place in this world. smiling at you. you are special. remember that.

dorianunpublished said...

i just found your blog... i can relate to your predicament...

it helps to find that there are people out there experiencing life similarly to you... :-)

Tazzman said...

I've just found your blog and can tell you, you are not alone even though it might feel it at times.
I know how you feel and it takes a brave person to come out, if you can do it then you should do as living a lie is harder.
Close friends will already know, TRUE friends won't care...

I'll drop you an mail.

The current exModians said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The current exModians said...

Tazzman is right.

Close friends know and are too "polite" to tell you.

Family always knows and they are too much in denial to tell you.

Of course there are also those family members and friends that know and just don't care and don't even bother to tell you hoping you will grow some balls and tell them. They are the best one to come out to.

JungleBooty,
exModia Staff

alex bradford said...

hey.. dont really know how to say this. but i just started my blog a couple of days ago. and damn i can relate to everything your saying. im just a younger version of you.

check out my blog. [modern times and high crimes]

good luck in everything you do man.

alex bradford said...

lmao on second thought dont go to my blog. i think i wasnt to keep it personal for now. cya kidd.

alex bradford said...

lmao on second thought dont go to my blog. i think i wasnt to keep it personal for now. cya kidd.

Outlaw said...

I just started to read your blog and the way you describe how you feel is not that different from a lot of people. I can see myself going through the feelings you are exposing now, even though i wasn't the "jock" i have been quite popular.
I hope you'll get the help that you need