Thursday, January 15, 2009

Heath Ledger - Gone a moment too soon



Its been nearly a year or so since Heath Ledger's death. The Brokeback Mountain heart-throb had brought so many people, gay and straight, to tears with the beautiful love story and removed boundaries and "people" regardless of their gender and sexuality cried. This movie was like Titanic or the Notebook and everyone loved it. 

But isn't it weird that people have already moved on? I mean they mentioned him a little bit in the Golden Globes and then thats it. News channels mention him a bit more and thats it. He is given a posthumous award for Best Supporting Actor and then people remember him for a few minutes and then they go about their own lives. People start laughing again. They thank each other. Dont get me wrong, Im not blaming anyone and point fingers at anyone. Im just trying to say that its weird and sad that life just goes on. People find a new reason to live...........

I remember thinking about Jake Gyllenhaal a lot during his death. Saying that he must have gone through a lot will be an understatement. Michelle Williams must have drowned in remorse and Mathilda just smiled on as she did not know that she had lost one of the most important people in her life. Heath would have always wanted to see her smile. 

The best line uttered by Michelle after Heath's death was, "Mathida will be brought up with the best memories of Heath". Nothing could have said "beautiful" in any other way than the she put it. Jake apparently stayed away from the press and when he returned to filming, there was a scene where the actors had to put photos of their better half in the locker (as part of the scene) and Jake put a photo of Heath. Everyone laughed but everyone felt the sadness and meaning of what Jake did................. 

Life has moved on.......... People has new things to look forward............ No one can watch the same news over and over again............ It gets stale and old............. We have given our five minutes worth of tears............. Once again, not pointing fingers but just showing what life is about.............. Am very proud of Heath's golden globe win for best supporting actor............... He deserved it................ Lets look at the glass with a half full view that even if it was for a moment, people remembered Heath again in that room................ 

If you believe in angels............ then know that Heath has turned into one of the most beautiful angel there is....... and he is looking over his daughter and smiling......... 

If you believe in life after death............... then know that Heath has found happiness in the other world that he was not able to find in this world..................... 

If you believe in reincarnation.............. then know that Heath has been born again in another beautiful form to live a new beautiful life and to carry on the goodness he earned in this life...........

If you believe only in what you see on this earth............... then know that Heath lived a beautiful life and like every one else's his too had dark clouds........... but be happy that you got the chance to witness the life of a beautiful human being................... 

If you believe in fighting for something and taking a stand............... then know that Heath has taken another step forward for gay rights.......... he has broken barriers and brought people of every sexuality to tears with a love story of two men being in love with each other........... 

Just believe.......... 

18 comments:

DieseljockNYC said...

I didn't see Brokeback Mountain until about 6 to 7 months after seeing it and I hated it and loved it at the same time. I cried. I can never watch it again, it was so heartbreaking. I hated the heartbreak but loved the movie entirely. It's extremely ironic and weird of how Jake's character died in that movie...and Heath's lived on; and that Heath died and Jake lived on. I can only imagine what he must have gone through as well.

It takes a real man to do what they did and I have the utmost respect and heart for the both of them. I wish Heath was still here. I think he, Jake and Sean Penn have recently brought our community to the center stage in some ways. It's wonderful.

Aek said...

That was quite a touching post. Thank you.

Thirty3 Naked Laydies said...

In both life and death, we do... move on. We do... "find [new reasons] to live. We take the past... and carry it... forward.

secret blogger said...

diesel i have not seen the movie yet......... so thanks for letting me know what happens lol. thanks aek and ur right naked ladies.

The Vice Buddha said...

Heath has always been one of my personal favorites... always. And the news of his untimely demise was, belive you me, more than just a shock to me. Sitting here in India, where the only medium to communicate with him was through the screen, i cried a few tears. I still remember my thinking to myself why I was crying over someone who really did not mean a lot in my life. Well. I havent got an answer yet. May be I respected the man so much. And when I saw The Dark Knight, I actually stood up amongst a crowd and gave Heath an applause. I did realise that people joined me afterwards. But that was a touching moment... and what a abulous last performance by the guy!

RIP

Forcados Amadores said...

Portugal Gay

Ryan said...

I wasn't a big "Brokeback" fan myself. I understood their mutual isolation and the connection that grew from that, but I didn't feel like the relationship had enough substance. It just seemed like 2 confused guys that bonded over sex and lost everything in the process.

At the time that I saw the movie I had just broken up with my live-in girlfriend of 4.5 years because I came to terms with my sexuality and had started falling in love with my first boyfriend. I felt like I was in a perfect stage of life to relate to the movie but it just didn't strike a chord with me.

j said...

both heath and brokeback mountain were overrated.

that's why people have moved on already.

Volker said...

Heath's contributions to the whole will be missed certainly!

Anonymous Blogger said...

Hey bud long time not talk, I just emailed you back. Hope everything is going well!

Anonymous said...

Brokeback mountain will forever be my favorite movie. Heath and jake touched so many lives. As well as changed them.

I loved your sentiments at the end. I do believe Heath is looking after his daughter and I think us fans as well

Thank you

Churchguy said...

February 5, 2009. It is now slightly more than a year since Heath Ledger died. An article in today’s New York Times respectfully discusses the delicate Warner Brothers campaign for The Dark Knight for the 2009 Oscars. I don’t think Ledger will automatically win in the best supporting actor category, but I hope it happens. Justice for his loss in 2006 for one thing, and for another, permanently cementing his reputation in the Hollywood pantheon as a brilliant and unique actor. Ledger worked hard - nothing half-way. He inhabited the skins of widely different characters in spot-on, virtually pitch-perfect portrayals that very, very few actors are capable of. But he was not just a chameleon. He was a changeling. There is no other way to describe how he did what he did. And if you know anything about Heath Ledger you know that acting was only one of his many talents. Reading the Times article brought back the stunned gut-punch impact his death had on so many people, people who were often surprised and perplexed by how deeply they reacted to the news. The entire event, from the first “breaking news” media reports, on through to the last strangely joyous frolic in the Australian surf of those who were closest to him, seemed surreal. A year later, all of that has receded, as it must. As others have said, people have to move on, the world moves on. But the piece in the Times, somewhat elegiac in tone, brings back to me a sad and pondering disbelief. It’s a death that will always seem wrong to me. Heath Ledger was a man many of us won’t ever be able to forget. RIP.

Random Thinker said...

I think that last night's Oscar win for Heath's portrayal of the Joker in The Dark Knight is an exclamation point on the loss his death caused.

yet, it probably does little for the senselessness of his death and the promises unfulfilled.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fancy Pants said...

I still miss Heath :(

Anonymous said...

Its kind of interesting how you think that "life going on" and "finding a new reason to live" are sad things. lol. I've always found those to be positive things. I think its more sad when life doesn't go on, you dwell on sad things, and people don't find a new reason to live. I think that's sad. People have to move on, that's the only way to start anew. People have to find a new reason to live, or what's the point? Heath got his fair share of attention and grieving. How long do we have to dwell on it?

Regardless, very nice post and thank you!

Anonymous said...

Where were they in the pictures? Would there possibly be a video of this? I'm so curious.

Anonymous said...

I've been a Heath fan for a long time and have always loved him for his ability to act beyond just his looks.

I thought Brokeback was one of the best movies he's done and was so proud of both he and Jake.

It really is a love story that transcends gender and sexual orientation. The scene at the end where Heath's character reverses the two shirts - it left me completely undone.

I wish I could get my husband to watch it with me, but he can't get past the whole 'gay cowboy' thing.

Oh well - his loss. I'll still watch it whenever it comes on.